WHO Poll
Q:


Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Alan 12:04 Fri Nov 2
Other articles by Alan ...

BBC

Chelsea are having second thoughts about making a move for Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey because of the impressive form of England internationals Ross Barkley, 24, and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 22. (Star)

Meanwhile, Liverpool have ruled out making a move for 27-year-old Wales international Ramsey, who is set to leave the Gunners for free in the summer. (Sky Sports)

Brighton and Australia goalkeeper Mat Ryan, 26, is a possible replacement for Manchester United's 27-year-old Spain international David De Gea, 27. (Sun)

Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas, 31, will have to wait until the new year before new contract talks at Chelsea will begin. (Evening Standard)

Uruguay forward Luis Suarez, 31, says Barcelona will soon start looking to replace him despite his El Clasico hat-trick. (Sport 890, via Sun)

Liverpool are set to offer England defender Joe Gomez, 21, a new contract despite having three and a half years remaining on his current deal. (Mirror)

Brazil midfielder Fabinho could be set to leave Liverpool for Paris St-Germain just six months after moving to Anfield because he is "bored". (Le Parisien - in French)

Belgium boss Roberto Martinez said "we won't waste our time on that" when asked reports about Real Madrid being interested in hiring him as their new manager. (VTM Nieuws, via AS)

Tottenham are interested in Watford's French midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure, 25. (Mirror)

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho wants to make more than one signing in the January transfer window. (Manchester Evening News)

Borussia Dortmund want to sign Manchester City and Spain Under-21 midfielder Brahim Diaz. (Metro)

But Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says the club "will do absolutely everything to keep" the 19-year-old at Etihad Stadium. (Manchester Evening News)

Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli, 22, says "it's not all about winning trophies for me yet at my age" having signed a new six-year deal with Spurs earlier this week. (Telegraph)

Manchester United's Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 25, is expected to start for the club in the Premier League game against Bournemouth on Saturday, after being dropped last weekend. (Mirror)

Manchester City players have paid for a new unit at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital. (Manchester Evening News)

Liverpool fans have raised £60,000 for injured supported Sean Cox, who was attacked by Roma fans outside Anfield before the first leg of April's Champions League semi-final. (Independent)

Football's lawmakers could discuss a change to clarify the handball rule and take out the word "deliberately". (Telegraph)

Fulham's players will have to take a wage cut if they are relegated from the Premier League. (Mail)





Guardian Rumour Mill

Barry Glendenning

Barcelona are prepared to concede the £100m they shelled out in bringing Ousmane Dembélé to the Camp Nou was not money particularly well spent and will let him leave in January when the transfer window opens. The French winger has failed to settle into his new digs after over a year at the Spanish champions and Liverpool are believed to be interested in offering the 21-year-old a new home.

The Merseyside club’s charity will not extend to offering soon-to-be Arsenal outcast Aaron Ramsey accommodation; their interest in the Welsh midfielder has cooled as they feel they are already well enough staffed in that particular area of the field. The excellent form of Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Ross Barkley could also stymy any prospective move to Chelsea for the man they call “Rambo”.
Kevin De Bruyne’s injury mars Manchester City’s stroll past Fulham
Read more

Despite providing the assists for two own goals scored on Chelsea’s behalf by Derby players on Wednesday, Davide Zappacosta has been deemed surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge. The Italian full-back has struggled to nail down a regular starting spot ahead of Victor Moses and Cesar Azpilicueta since arriving in London from Torino over a year ago and his former club has expressed interest in bringing him back to Serie A. Napoli are also rumoured to be interested in taking him on loan in January.

Borussia Dortmund hope to continue their policy of plundering Premier League creches to good effect by signing Manchester City’s teenage winger Brahim Díaz, either in January or when his contract expires next summer, but Pep Guardiola says he’ll do everything in his power to hold on to the young Spaniard. Diaz scored twice in a man-of-the-match performance as City beat Fulham in the Carabao Cup on Thursday and his manager spoke highly of him in his post-match briefing. “Playing in the top teams is not easy for young players, but he showed his qualities again,” said Pep. “He played well against Oxford in the previous round. Everyone here is ready to play in the first team, otherwise he wouldn’t be here.” Behind Raheem Sterling and Riyad Mahrez in the City pecking order, Diaz has also been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucouré is on Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino’s shopping list. The £35m-rated France U21 international has been integral to his side’s surprisingly good start to the season and is also the subject of interest from Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain.

The French champions are also monitoring the situation of Liverpool’s Brazilian midfielder Fabinho, who is ready to leave Anfield less than six months after his arrival because – get this – he’s bored. Reports from France, specifically in Le Parisien, say the 25-year-old has failed to settle on Merseyside and is disillusioned with life after making just three starts across all competitions and having found they don’t particularly need him, Liverpool might just be prepared to let him go.





SportsLens

West Ham made offer for Wolves target Franck Kessie



With AC Milan struggling to establish themselves as a dominant force in Serie A, let alone on the European stage, these days they struggle to keep hold of their star players.

That might be the case with Franck Kessie who arrived at San Siro from Atalanta in 2017. The Ivory Coast international, who has 24 caps for his country, has been one of the best midfielders in the Italian league, but his future has come under speculation.

Last month, Italian media Calciomercato reported that Wolverhampton Wanderers are looking to lure Kessie away from San Siro. The Molineux outfit have reportedly offered Milan a mouth-watering £36 million deal to prise him away.

Now, Tuttomercatoweb are reporting that Wolves are joined by West Ham in the race to sign the midfield dynamite. The Hammers are in search of a powerful midfielder and Kessie would fit in nicely in Manuel Pellegrini’s plans.

The report adds that Milan have already received a fee in the region of £31 million from the Hammers, although the Rossoneri value him much higher. There is also interest from the Chinese Super but the young midfielder undoubtedly wants to stay in Europe to progress in his career.

As it stands, West Ham and Wolves could be in a tug of war for Kessie during the January transfer window.





Transfer Tavern

Allan Saint-Maximin would bring an awful lot of joy to West Ham United fans

By Marcus Banks

Summer signing Andriy Yarmolenko could be set to spend five months on the sidelines for West Ham.

The Ukrainian international arrived at the club for £17m from Borussia Dortmund. After being plagued with injuries during his time in Germany, a move to England was seen as a fresh start to get his career back on track. After making a decent start to life in the Premier League, his progress was cut short by an Achilles problem that could see him miss half a year’s worth of action.

His absence will come as a real blow to Manuel Pellegrini who relied on the winger as a valuable source of goals and creativity. With Manuel Lanzini also on the treatment table, the former Manchester City boss would be wise to target another forward when the transfer window reopens in January. One man he should try to sign is Nice star – Allan Saint-Maximin.

Valued at £18m by Transfermarkt, the 21-year-old was tipped to be a future star after progressing through the ranks at Monaco. After failing to break into the first-team, he was sold to Lille last summer where he began to show his worth. Saint-Maximin netted five goals and registered seven assists in all competitions during his debut season.

The Frenchman has started the new campaign in a similar vein, scoring two and assisting two in his first 11 Ligue 1 appearances. With bags of pace and trickery, the winger would be the perfect replacement for Yarmolenko. His directness and willingness to beat a man would make him an instant hit with the West Ham faithful.






Replies - Newest Posts First (Show In Chronological Order)

Thanks Alan 9:32 Fri Nov 2
Re: Thanks Alan
Sven Roeder 12:15 Fri Nov 2

Far Cough 5:47 Fri Nov 2
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
BETTY!

Takashi Miike 5:36 Fri Nov 2
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
the dwarf cunt will probably sign Frank Spencer, not Franck Kessie

Mex Martillo 4:18 Fri Nov 2
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan

FruityBoots. 12:56 Fri Nov 2
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Oh, and thank you Alan for a wonderful desk of sport.

FruityBoots. 12:55 Fri Nov 2
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
“The Molineux outfit have reportedly offered Milan a mouth-watering £36 million deal to prise him away”

What? Mouth watering? Was this contact written on a fucking sandwich??

gph 12:16 Fri Nov 2
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks, Alan

Sven Roeder 12:15 Fri Nov 2
Thanks Alan
Thanks Alan

Eddie B 12:09 Fri Nov 2
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Alan, thanks.





Copyright 2006 WHO.NET | Powered by: