WHO Poll
Q:



Coffee 9:54 Sat Aug 25
Saturday football
Some good games on today.

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS vs MANCHESTER CITY (1230 ko)
Wolves are getting to grips with the Premier League and their boss claims that they only know how to play attacking football. He will, you’d think, be tempted to adopt a more cautious approach against the Champions today. The consequences of not doing so can be traumatic, as we all know. Should be an entertaining opener to the weekend’s action. Away win.

ARSENAL vs WEST HAM UNITED
Only goal difference separates the two teams. Which is about the only positive thing to say leading into this game. There is pressure on both managers to start getting points on the board. How that pressure translates into performance is anyone’s guess. Pellegrini has to sort out the defence, which will be key to gaining the confidence needed to attack. It should be an open game with goals, but some will be content to end the afternoon without the ball finding the back of either net. Draw.

BOURNEMOUTH vs EVERTON
Unfortunately, the Cherries come into this with a 100 percent record, while Everton have dropped two points so far. This should be a good game of football. Honours even. Draw.

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN vs CARDIFF CITY
It’s hardly an exaggeration to describe this as a genuine six-pointer. Huddersfield have started against Chelsea and Man City, so it’s harsh to make too much of a judgement of their form so far. But it will be a long season for both teams, and both will be aware that the outcome of today’s game could count significantly at the end of the season. Home win.

SOUTHAMPTON vs LEICESTER CITY
The Saints will be grateful that Jamie Vardy is suspended, but they still face a decent side without him. Given home advantage, there’s little to choose between these teams. Draw.

LIVERPOOL vs BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION (1730 ko)
It’s been an impressive start from Liverpool who will be looking to match Man City game by game for the next nine months. It would be good to see Brighton put up a fight, but class will tell once again. Home win.

Replies - Newest Posts First (Show In Chronological Order)

Sven Roeder 8:47 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
As long as he gets his 3 matches I am happy.
Doesn’t sound like it will be rescinded if he attempted to butt him.
We need all the help we can get

Far Cough 8:15 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Sven, I saw that, the bloke just led with his head a bit forward and the bloke went down holding his face like he'd be shot, he shouldn't have led with his head but equally, simulating first degree murder is just as bad

Sven Roeder 7:49 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
I see Richarlison got a straight red for aiming a headbutt at someone.
I take it he misses the League Cup tie, the game next weekend and our game after the international break.

Bob De Niro 4:07 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
''Traore looks far better than Antonio''


He looks far better than Anderson.

Sven Roeder 4:02 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Watched about 20 mins and Wolves have been organised and have played positively.
Given Man City a real game and look like getting a deserved point with a minute left.

Keep dreaming 3:59 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Traore looks far better than Antonio.

ted fenton 3:42 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Wolves look solid and will be hard to beat !

fraser 3:40 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
1 each now, fucking farce offside handball goal for Wolves followed by a cast iron pen for city turned down.

Barty 3:30 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Wolves 1 up against City

Barty 3:30 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Wolves 1 up against City

Mike Oxsaw 1:07 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
All I want to see it a lot more effort for the badge.

Like most I've accepted that a win is highly unlikely, but at least I can draw a crumb of comfort if we go down fighting (and not with the petty card grabbing stunts we saw late on in the Bournemouth game, either)

gph 12:35 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Arsenal - West Ham: probably not a draw.

One of these teams is going to start winning games today, possibly emphatically.

75% chance that it's Arsenal, 15% chance it's us, leaving 10% for the draw.

, 12:27 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
With the exception of WHU I agree with coffee. As for us both head and heart indicate a defeat. I hope that we perform in a way that shows we are getting our act together. Signs of progress so to speak.

moorethanjustananon 11:10 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
City
DRAW (hopelessly optimistic)
Everton
Huddersfield
Leicester
Liverpool

Westham67 11:05 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
City
West Ham EL Natural
Bournemouth
Draw
Draw
Thieving scouse cunts

Coffee 10:54 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Well, good to see you're on form!

Ronald_antly 10:46 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Coffee 10:31 Sat Aug 25

OK, just for you.....








... I hope Southampton can manage a draw,

twoleftfeet 10:44 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Arsenal will destroy us.

Fact.

charleyfarley 10:37 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Thanks Coff

Coffee 10:31 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
Come on, Ron, show a bit of...





hope.

Ronald_antly 10:27 Sat Aug 25
Re: Saturday football
I fancy Wolves to rise to the occasion, and take the honours.

There is no, and I emphasise NO, reason to believe that this will be anything other than 3 points to Arsenal.

Despite all the raised eyebrows at the fee paid for Richarlison (it looks like we bought the wrong Brazilian), he looks like he'll score plenty of goals this season. A brace for him today, and 3 points for Everton.

Not much to say about Huddersfield or Cardiff, other than a point a piece.

A toss of the coin will decide the kick-ff, and another (IMO) to decide the result. Leicester.

Brighton to show that you don't have to bend over and take it at Anfield. Draw.

Page 1 - Next




Copyright 2006 WHO.NET | Powered by: