WHO Poll
Q:



Alan 1:03 Wed Nov 14
Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
BBC

Liverpool are ready to make a club-record £85m bid in January for Barcelona's French World Cup winning winger Ousmane Dembele, 21. (Sun)

Manchester United's Spanish midfielders Juan Mata, 30, and Ander Herrera, 29, are both discussing new contracts at the club. The pair's current deals expire in the summer. (Sky Sports)

Red Devils forward Alexis Sanchez, 29, is frustrated by the lack of playing time at Old Trafford and could seek a move away in January. (Evening Standard)

A majority of the Championship's 24 clubs have written to the EFL threatening to form a breakaway league if the board signs a £590m television deal with Sky Sports for the 2019-2024 seasons. (Times)

United manager Jose Mourinho is ready to sell Ivory Coast defender Eric Bailly, 24, and Argentina international Marcos Rojo, 28, in order to bring in a new centre-back in January. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Tottenham are looking to make a £35m bid for Cagliari's 21-year-old Italian midfielder Nicolo Barella. (Sun)

Bundesliga side RB Leipzig are ready to offer Wigan's English attacking midfielder Nick Powell, 24, a pre-contract in January as his deal with the Championship club ends next summer. (TeamTalk)

Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund and Ligue 1 side Marseille are both interested in Arsenal's 17-year-old midfielder Ben Cottrell. (Sun)

Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil, 30, turned down lucrative offers from Asia to sign a new deal with the Gunners in January, says the German's agent. (Evening Standard)

West Ham's proposed deal to sign former France midfielder Samir Nasri, 31, is in doubt because of concerns over the player's fitness. (Sky Sports)

Manchester United could miss out on Inter Milan's Milan Skriniar, with the 23-year-old Slovakia defender set to sign a new deal with the Serie A side. (Express)

Crystal Palace and Fulham are interested in a January loan move for Fenerbahce's Turkey international midfielder Ozan Tufan, 23. (Aksam - in Turkish)

Belgium forward Eden Hazard, 27, says former Chelsea star Joe Cole convinced him to sign for the club in 2012. (Chelsea)

Hull City are prepared to let former Manchester United striker Will Keane leave the club in January, with the 25-year-old's contract set to expire in the summer. (Hull Daily Mail)




Guardian Rumour Mill

Barry Glendenning

Between injuries and alleged “issues” with his diet and time-keeping, Ousmane Dembélé has not had a particularly happy time of it at Barcelona since his £105m move from Borussia Dortmund in 2017. A member of France’s World Cup-winning squad last summer, the 21-year-old winger made front page news in Spain last weekend after being benched by Ernesto Valverde for missing two training sessions without permission. Asked if the player was in danger of jeopardising his future at the club, Valverde was non-committal. “I have nothing to say,” he said. “Internal matters are internal. We want to help the players to be better.” While reports in Spain suggest Barcelona have no immediate plans to offload the winger, Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp is a known admirer of his work and the Sun suggests he could test the La Liga club’s mettle with an £85m bid in January.

José Mourinho is ready to bounce Marcus Rojo and Eric Bailly out of Old Trafford in order to help fund the purchase of the new central defender he didn’t get around to buying during the last transfer window. Rojo has yet to make an appearance for United this season, while Bailly has not been spotted in action since being unceremoniously hauled off during the first half of United’s 3-2 win over Newcastle last month. Mourinho is prepared to let both players go to free up dressing-room pegs for the possible arrival of Bournemouth’s Nathan Aké, Bayern Munich’s Jérôme Boateng or Inter’s Milan Skriniar in January. A Slovakian international, Skriniar is currently negotiating a new deal with the Serie A side, according to his agent. “We’re talking about it,” said Karol Csonto in an interview with Tuttomercatoweb. “We’re working on it. It’s a subject we’ll be facing more intensively over the next few months. He is happy with the Nerazzurri shirt, he is playing well, but he is aware there are some difficulties in Serie A.”

Arsenal are keeping tabs on Atalanta central defender Gianluca Mancini, but will have to fend off interest from both Borussia Dortmund, Inter and Roma if they are to secure the signature of the 22-year-old who has scored four goals in 11 appearances for his club this season. Elsewhere in Italy, 21-year-old Cagliari midfielder Nicolò Barella is believed to be the subject of interest from Tottenham Hotspur, having already been linked with possible moves to Liverpool, Manchester United and a host of top Italian sides. In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, Barella insisted he is happy at Cagliari, but said if he had to choose between a move to another Serie A side or the Premier League: “I would go for England because I love the way they approach the game. Everyone there is just as irritable and prone to fouls as me.”

Arsenal and Spurs are reported to be keen on signing Genk striker Leandro Trossard in January, but will have to pay big bucks to prise the 23-year-old away, who has previously been linked with Southampton, from the Belgian club in the next transfer window. Genk manager Philippe Clement is aware of the interest in his star player and has said offers of less than €25m will not be entertained. Meanwhile in Turkey, Fenerbahçe holding midfielder Ozan Tufan is getting the glad eye from scouts sent by Crystal Palace and Fulham. As handy as a small pot, the 23-year-old can also play at right-back or on the right wing.







Guardian

Marko Arnautovic may leave West Ham to pursue Champions League dream

• Austrian forward wants to compete with the best players
• ‘I’m 29, so that’s the best age,’ he tells Austrian newspaper

Ed Aarons

Marko Arnautovic has admitted he is ready to leave West Ham to play in the Champions League, with the Austria forward determined to compete at the highest level possible before his career is over.

Arnautovic, who moved to east London in the summer of 2017 from Stoke for a then club record fee worth up to £25m, has been in outstanding form since being handed a more central role by former manager David Moyes last season, and scored 11 Premier League goals last term. He has continued to impress this season having already found the net five times in 10 matches despite West Ham’s early struggles under Manuel Pellegrini.

But while he has previously insisted he is happy at West Ham, Arnautovic – who is represented by his brother Danijel – has acknowledged that he may never have a better chance of securing a move to one of Europe’s top clubs.

“I’m 29, so that’s the best age,” he told the Austrian newspaper Kurier. “It’s clear that I want to compete with the best players. But in this affair I totally trust my brother.”

Manchester United were linked with a move for Arnautovic in the summer but West Ham were unwilling to sell a player they consider to be a crucial member of the team. However, his brother’s words will be of great concern to the club’s hierarchy as they attempt to build a side capable of challenging at the top end of the Premier League.

“He’s already playing in the Premier League and that’s where the best players are. But for a player like Marko this cannot be the end,” said Danijel Arnautovic.

“He’s a big part of West Ham’s team but I think it’s possible to tease out more of him. For that to happen, he has to play for a top team. Marko is ready for the next step. A player like him should not play against relegation. He should play for the international spots.

“Marko is really enjoying playing for West Ham. He loves that club and the fans. But there is still that feeling, that this cannot be the end. And everybody should understand that.”

Asked if it was possible Arnautovic could leave soon, his brother added: “That’s possible. It was already very, very close this last summer.”

Meanwhile, West Ham are still hopeful of signing Samir Nasri despite concerns over the France international’s fitness. Pellegrini is understood to be in favour of handing the 31-year-old a deal until the end of the season with an option to extend his stay. Nasri is not eligible to play until 1 January because of a doping ban.





C&H

West Ham court case to be live streamed

Live-streaming of selected court cases will begin tomorrow on 15 November 2018 to improve public access to, and understanding of, the work of the courts say the Courts and Tribunal Judiciary in an article published yesterday.

In the case selected for the public pilot, West Ham United and E20 which manages the former Olympic stadium are in dispute as to the seating capacity that should be made available to the football club for its home fixtures at what is now known as the London stadium in Stratford, East London.

The case is due to start on Monday 19th November and is scheduled to last a number of weeks.

A preliminary hearing is due to be heard this Thursday 15th November which is set to be streamed live on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi3XytDJY8a3I9_vL7A_5SQ/live

It is thought that tomorrow’s hearing will focus on an ongoing dispute about the disclosure of documents prior to the main case starting next week.






Star

Samir Nasri to West Ham latest: THURSDAY deadline set for agreement to be reached

SAMIR NASRI was given a 48-hour deadline last night to agree a deal with West Ham or face seeing the move scrapped.

By Jack Staplehurst

The former Manchester City star had looked poised for a reunion with his old manager Manuel Pellegrini earlier this week.

The 31-year-old underwent a medical ahead of a proposed short-term spell at the London Stadium.

However, fitness concerns mean West Ham are having reservations over Nasri signing.
Nasri, though, has not played competitive football since last November due to his ban from UEFA for breaking doping rules.

The midfielder’s contract at Turkish club Antalyaspor was mutually terminated in January.

And while he is now able to train with a club, Nasri cannot play until the turn of the year.

His ban ends on December 31, but a move to West Ham and subsequent return to the Premier League is in the balance.

According to the Daily Mail reporter Ian Ladyman on Twitter, the club have set a deadline of Thursday night for terms to be agreed or they will move on.

Nasri has other options ahead of his return to football, with West Ham currently leading the charge.

But they are wary of handing the ex-Arsenal man substantial wages without guarantees he will produce the goods in Pellegrini’s team.

The Chilean boss believes he can get the best out of Nasri again, after he shone under Pellegrini in City’s 2013/14 title-winning campaign.

But while Nasri is still in London, he won’t yet agree to West Ham’s latest heavily performance related wage offer.

The 13th-placed Hammers are desperate for creativity in midfield with Marko Arnautovic and Felipe Anderson in need of proper support.

Manuel Lanzini’s long-term knee problem, Jack Wilshere’s absence and Andriy Yarmolenko’s season-ending Achilles injury has seen Pellegrini to swoop for Nasri.

However, even with the club being prepared to back the manager, they will not sanction a deal for Nasri they believe does not represent value for money.


Replies - Newest Posts First (Show In Chronological Order)

Texas Iron 4:58 Wed Nov 14
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Cheers...

gph 4:39 Wed Nov 14
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks, Alan

Thanks Alan 1:36 Wed Nov 14
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
The Stoat 1:09 Wed Nov 14

The Stoat 1:09 Wed Nov 14
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan





Copyright 2006 WHO.NET | Powered by: