WHO Poll
Q: 2019/20 With seven games to go will West Ham stay up
a. Our demise was sealed when the idiots on the Board appointed Moyes, we're down
25%
  
b. Despite the efforts of Moyes and the players, we will stay up by the smallest of margins
50%
  
c. I'm beyond caring & couldn't give two hoots either way
25%
  



Alan 10:15 Wed Jul 22
Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
BBC

Chelsea are prepared to offer English keeper Dean Henderson £170,000 a week to try to tempt the 23-year-old, who is on loan at Sheffield United, to join them from Manchester United. (Manchester Evening News)

Henderson will look to move out on loan again unless he gets assurances from Manchester United that he will have a serious chance of competing with Spain keeper David de Gea, 29, to be first choice. (Times - subscription required)

Chelsea will also try to sign Barcelona and Germany keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, 28, and are prepared to offer Spain international Kepa Arrizabalaga, 25, as part of any deal. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Chelsea will make a formal bid for Bayer Leverkusen and Germany forward Kai Havertz, 21, once they have secured Champions League qualification. (ESPN)

England defensive midfielder Declan Rice, 21, will not be allowed to leave West Ham unless an offer is made that the club can't refuse, says manager David Moyes. (Sky Sports)

Manchester City look set to win the battle to sign Valencia's Spanish winger Ferran Torres. Borussia Dortmund are also interested in the 20-year-old. (Bild - in German)

Manchester United and Chelsea have joined Manchester City in the race for Bournemouth and Netherlands defender Nathan Ake, 25. (Sun)

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta is "confident" Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 31, will sign a new contract with the club. (Independent)

Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani says "we'll see" over bringing 33-year-old Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani to the club after their promotion to the Premier League. Cavani left Paris St-Germain this summer after his deal ran out. (Sky Sports Italia, via Football Italia)

Everton have agreed personal terms with Southampton's Denmark midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, 24, after the Saints accepted a £25m offer. (Daily Echo)

Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce would be kept on if Henry Mauriss, who is the rival bidder to the Saudi Arabia-led consortium trying to buy the Magpies, assumes control of the Tyneside club. (Telegraph - subscription required)

The Magpies' on-loan Austria winger Valentino Lazaro, 24, is having second thoughts about making his move from Inter Milan permanent because of a lack of game time at St James' Park. (Chronicle)

West Ham will be obliged to turn 25-year-old Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Soucek's loan move from Slavia Prague into a permanent £18.9m move once Premier League survival is confirmed. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Aston Villa and Tanzania forward Mbwana Samatta, 27, could be on his way to Fenerbahce after failing to impress since his January move to Villa Park. (Takvim via Sport Witness)

Paris St-Germain goalkeeper Alphonse Areola, 27, who is on loan at Real Madrid, could be on his way to an English club after the France international bought a family home in London. (Marca)

Former Manchester United defender Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has agreed a one-year deal with Oldham Athletic. The 23-year-old is a free agent after being released by United last month. (Mail)








Guardian

A root-and-branch reappraisal of David Moyes at Manchester United

Scott Murray

A TYPICALLY UNDERSTATED END-OF-SEASON AFFAIR

A couple of weeks ago, the upcoming Manchester United versus West Ham fixture looked like a biggie, with serious consequences a-go-go. But times change real fast these days, and there’s less than nothing riding on it now. West Ham are realistically if not mathematically safe, in that they’re realistically mathematically safe, while Manchester United without question will be playing Big Cup football next season, on account of Brendan Rodgers being currently 359 degrees through one of those end-of-season flat spins he launches into whenever he’s not working in a one-horse town. They’re done deals.

This implication-free state of affairs has afforded both managers the opportunity to kick back and consider the wider picture before Wednesday’s game. In David Moyes’s case, this has manifested itself in a root-and-branch reappraisal of his time at his former club, a period during which he took the reigning champions from first to seventh, tried to sign Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini for £28m, signed Marouane Fellaini for £28m, and redefined the word glaikit. Throwing his feet up on the desk at Tuesday morning’s press conference, he observed that “Ole had a difficult start but the difference between Ole and me is that he’s being given time”. That argument sounded reasonable enough to The Fiver, until we considered that Ole Gunnar Solskjær won his first eight matches in charge, and 14 of his first 17. If nothing else, it proved Moyes’s critical and cognitive skills are still as sharp and finely tuned as they were back in those heady days of 2013.

Meanwhile his opposite number, the aforementioned Ole, was at pains during his pre-match chat to stress that “this is not going to become a David de Gea press conference”. That statement was slightly undermined when one member of the Manchester United PR team clumsily dropped a glass of water, another accidentally set fire to a glass of water, the theme tune to Spike Milligan’s Q started parping out of the Old Trafford speakers, and Solskjær began talking about David de Gea. “David is strong enough to know his job is to perform in training the next day and be ready for the games,” insisted the United boss, wisely stopping short of making any rash promises about what he might get up to when those games actually start. “We are not going to talk about individuals. No one here wants to feel we are putting more pressure on them.” All eyes on the hapless De Gea, then, because if he throws another three in, United may be looking for another keeper this summer. Sheffield United, to be specific.






Mercato

AS Monaco thinks of Haller (West Ham)

With the arrival of Niko Kovac on the sidelines, AS Monaco is eyeing the profile of Sébastien Haller, whom the Principality's new coach knows very well.

Work has already started on Monaco's side, where new coach Niko Kovac is already hard at work. Especially on the offensive side, where he has already slipped a name to his leaders for the summer transfer window. According to our information, he wishes the arrival of Sébastien Haller, currently under contract with West Ham.

Ben Yedder on the go

Niko Kovac knows Sébastien Haller well, having worked with him at Eintracht Frankfurt. It was even the Croatian technician who launched the French striker into the deep end of the Bundesliga, with the success we know. Monaco is therefore interested in recruiting Sébastien Haller, but is West Ham a seller? Not sure. Recruited a year ago by the Hammers, he signed a good first season with 7 goals and 1 assist in 27 games. For its part, Monaco is preparing the probable succession of Wissam Ben Yedder. Courted in Spain and England, the French international can leave for a check for 40 million euros. And the courtiers are there ...




HITC

Reported £12.5m West Ham target loses captain’s armband as exit nears

Abdoulaye Toure is no longer the first-choice captain at Nantes with the reported West Ham United target expected to depart this summer, according to Ouest France.



After 14 years at the Ligue 1 outfit, a Nantes-born midfielder might have pulled on the yellow and green kit for the very last time – in a competitive encounter at least.

BuzzSport reported last week that The Canaries will not stand in Toure’s way if an offer from the Premier League arrives this summer.

West Ham were interested in January and, with Mark Noble not getting any younger, the Londoners are still keeping a close eye on a long-standing £12.5 million target.

A one-paced midfield has been West Ham’s Achilles heel at times in 2019/20 but the prospect of a Toure, Declan Rice and Tomas Soucek trio should have the claret and blue faithful drooling.

And, considering that Nantes are anticipating the departure of perhaps their most valuable asset, coach Christian Gourcuff is already thinking about who will replace Toure as the club’s skipper next season.

Ouest France claims that it is still uncertain who will captain Nantes when 2020/21 gets underway, with Toure seemingly losing his place as the first pick.

Speaking to Ouest France recently, the 6ft 2ins powerhouse admitted that it might be time to leave his hometown club after spending his entire professional career at Nantes.

“If an interesting opportunity for myself and the two clubs presents itself, then we will think about it,” he said.



Replies - Newest Posts First (Show In Chronological Order)

jimbo2. 11:28 Thu Jul 23
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Looks like a few new faces in, if we can sell some fringe players fir decent money. A younger & more dynamic team sounds good to me! Ta muchly Al.

blueeyed.handsomeman 1:00 Wed Jul 22
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Bill,11;24, wednesday 22nd july 2020

bill green 11:24 Wed Jul 22
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
With Kind Regards 10:52 Wed Jul 22

Kaiser Zoso 10:56 Wed Jul 22
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
'he signed a good first season with 7 goals and 1 assist in 27 games'?

You what? 45 million and fuck knows how much a week and he's got the same number of goals as an Aston Villa midfielder in the bottom 3 most of the season?

I'd hate to see what a bad season is?

With Kind Regards 10:52 Wed Jul 22
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan 10.16

Thanks Alan 10:16 Wed Jul 22
Re: Wednesday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan





Copyright 2006 WHO.NET | Powered by: